With football season in full swing, I wanted to share one of my favorite slow cooker recipes with you! This recipe is perfect for tailgating, barbeques, and potlucks because it goes great with any type of side dish, from grilled corn on the cob or green salad, to coleslaw and potato salad. Bring it to your next game day and it’s sure to be a hit!
I love making meals in my slow cooker because I can make delicious food and still make time for my busy schedule as an entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and author. This pulled pork recipe is always a big hit; if only people knew how easy it is to make! If you have any leftovers, stick them in the freezer for pulled pork tacos later. It tastes just as good after freezing.
Here’s my recipe; it’s soo tasty. You won’t be able to stop eating this!
1 pork shoulder roast (of about four pounds)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 T. mustard (regular yellow kind)
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. chili powder
1 large onion, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 t. dried thyme
8 hamburger buns, split
Here’s how you make it:
- Place the pork roast in your slow cooker, fat side up. Then, pour in the chicken broth, barbecue sauce, and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir in the yellow mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork (about 5 to 6 hours.). If you have the time, I recommend cooking this on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove the meat from your slow cooker. Then, shred it using a couple of forks.
- Put the shredded pork back into the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside two hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, with the buttered side facing down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon the shredded pork into the toasted buns and enjoy!